Saturday, March 18, 2017

Paper craft project no. 493: Hello sunshine!


Popping by with a card I made for the new challenge over at AAA Cards. I'm once again pleased to guest design and join the ladies over there. STAMPlorations is sponsoring, and for the next two weeks the theme is diecuts. Super challenge theme because there are several brand new CUTplorations dies in the store!

Displaying #86.jpg

To create my card, I started by die-cutting the intricate butterfly (CUTplorations Flutter Zen 1 layering dies) and I used the negative as a stencil to sponge ink on the base and stamp the grungy newsprint text (Mixed Media Grunge) before adhering the die-cut butterfly. Next, I die-cut my sentiment twice (CUTplorations Hello Sunshine). I sponged the "hello" in the same ink color as the butterfly background, added 3 matte enamel dots, and rounded one corner of the card to finish it off.

I hope you'll join the AAA Cards design team and link up your  clean and simple cards based on the theme. The winner will receive the CUTplorations dies I used in my card: Hello Sunshine and Flutter Zen 1 layering dies.

Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to smile :o)


10 comments:

  1. Gosh I missed that die-I thought you didn't have one to match the stamps-that is going on my list for sure-I love it and you card makes it shine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Card Shery..Love this butterflies dies..

    ReplyDelete
  3. The die cut butterfly works great with the die cut sentiment. Love how you've just hi-lighted the Hello and used the negative of teh butterfly as a stenicl. Gorgeous card x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shery, this butterfly die is amazing, and the sentiment is fabulous! I love this CAS card! There are so many CUTplorations dies to use, I'll definitely be playing along with some of my dies! Thanks for sponsoring at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A simply wonderful, cheery and striking take on our die-challenge at AAA Shery. That's one stunning and intricate butterfly and it works so well with the modern style sentiments too. Thanks for being our sponsor and guest designer at AAA this week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I missed the hello sunshine die! Wow! I love this card, Shery! Thanks for sponsoring AAA Cards. Now I'm off to add some things to my cart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you added interest to the back of your butterfly (need to add that die to my wish list) and how you inked the sentiment die. Another super stunning cas card Shery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. Love those dies, especially the word die.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely gorgeous Shery. I just love the butterfly dies and the way the overlay looks with the solid die cut. So many possibilities. Love the sentiment die as well. Wonderful card. Thanks for all yuou do for us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you for being such an awesome sponsor Shery. Llooovvveeee your card, so pretty, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? If you'd like to share, share it with a smile, please :o) Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...